Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rays of light in the dark

I don't do very well with grey rainy days and this has been one of them
Yesterday I led a small group where we talked about being thankful "attitude of gratitude" So here are my rays of light in this dark day

1 vanilla latte from Starbucks

2 talking to my sister

3 Seeing a newborn baby and her dad hold her and love her

4 Chocolate pudding with whipped cream

5 An email from a friend

6 "Velvet Elvis" This book has made me look at how I view the Bible in a way I
never thought about

7 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    What's it about? I've been thinking about checking it out...

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Anthony,

    You need to get this book. Or borrow it from me. Whatever you need to do. I love how we provides background on Bible stories that I never knew.

    And Rochelle - two days away from successfully fulfilling my challenge for the month, and you mention Starbucks?

    Just kidding - I don't even crave it anymore.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Anthony Adam is right You would love this book There is a chapter on questions that is awesome He makes analogies so you can relate It's hard to explain briefly...you just need to read it

    Adam I forgot about the Starbucks challenge but hey you need to be tested don't you :)

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    My favorite chapters are where he talks about the yoke and where he talks about dust and discipleship.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    The chapter on the yoke is what I just finished I have a feeling he will ruffle some conservative fundamental feathers with that chapter :) I'm just glad someone was bold enough to write down what most of us question and wonder and want to say but don't

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Our small group "curriculum" for the fall might revolve around the idea of "the yoke".

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    That would be great It would definitely make for great discussion :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home