Small steps in faith

Friday, September 23, 2005

Where do you see God?

I'm reading a book called "God is Closer Than You Think" by John Ortberg I like his writing because he uses actual stories and humor to make his points In the chapter I'm reading now he talks about going over to Honduras on a missions trip and his daughter washing the hair of small children After she washed their hair she would search through their hair and pull the lice out "It's hard to withold love from someone, to be prejudiced against them or cling to resentments or pass judgment, when you're washing hair and pulling out lice."

"Jesus frequently chose the humble,poor,rejected, and despised. They are often the dwelling place of God---in them,we may meet God."

I think alot of times we're looking for God in a sunset,a mountain, a forest when actually he's standing right in front of you in line at Walmart

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    It's very hard not to be judgmental towards anyone, but that's my challenge for October, I think - to come to a point where I simply accept people for who they are. To stop looking at people in the terms of commodities - what do they offer me.

    Good post, Rochelle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home