Small steps in faith

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Don't be a sideliner

In the book "Seizing Your Divine Moment" Erwin McManus talks about "sideliners" It's the people who never really get in the game They look on , they tend to be the ones who suggest but never want to do,who criticize but don't want to be the solution to the problem We all know people like that in all aspects of our life..Not just church They are missing out on what God wants for them because they're always "waiting to see if it's God's will"
"Wake up Get out of bed. God want to change the world through your life if you'll just do something. Do what you know you should do, and you will know what to do. God clarifies in the midst of obedience, not beforehand"
It took me awhile to learn this If you don't know what your gift or talent is don't just sit and wait ..Do something That's the only way God will make it known to you You have to listen for his voice...His prompting In our small group last night we were talking about listening to God I've never heard an "audible voice" but God puts ideas and thoughts in my head and when I don't obey it's like I can hear him yelling inside my head Someone asked is that normal? I don't know if it is .. I only know that's how I hear God The more I talk to Him and rely on Him the more I hear Him
Erwin says "Maybe there is a touch of insanity to think that your or I could really make a difference, knowing who we are, that we could somehow change the course of human history. If it's normal to wake up in the morning and just try to make it through the day, then I vote for abnormality. I choose insanity"
So do I, and those are the kind of friends I want , someone who's not afraid to take the initiative and make a difference for God's kingdom

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I always thought I was the perosn not far in their walk with with God, because I could never audibly hear His voice. I want to really bad. But some people can and some people can't. It's all up to GOd and who He wants to speak to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home