Small steps in faith

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Oppression

Psalm 129
A song of ascents.
1 They have greatly oppressed me from my youth—
let Israel say-

2 they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,
but they have not gained the victory over me.

3 Plowmen have plowed my back
and made their furrows long.

4 But the LORD is righteous;
he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.

5 May all who hate Zion
be turned back in shame.

6 May they be like grass on the roof,
which withers before it can grow;

7 with it the reaper cannot fill his hands,
nor the one who gathers fill his arms.

8 May those who pass by not say,
"The blessing of the LORD be upon you;
we bless you in the name of the LORD."


I don't ever remember reading this Psalm until I started doing my "Stepping Up" study yesterday.
The meaning of the Psalm really gave me insight into people who are oppressed but also why some people end up being the oppressor.

"If we don't allow God to heal our hearts,minds,and habits, we will continue to allow people to walk all over us or we'll become people who walk all over them.
Perhaps you've had an oppressive background but you're inclined to think you don't do either one. If you've never sought Christ's healing please allow me to gently suggest that people who walk on others rarely if ever recognize it."

Wow! That's why some people are mean...they don't even realize it..how sad.

I've definitely been walked on in my life..but I've also been cut free from those people in time...and it's ok to express or vent feelings about those people as long as I don't take their judgment into my own hands. That's hard. My human tendency is to hurt right back. I need to walk away but unfortunately I'm not so good at that but I'm getting better.
Older and wiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home