Small steps in faith

Monday, December 29, 2008

Losing weight...becoming healthy..... and that doesn't include Chipotle

One of the biggest resolutions that people seem to have at the beginning of the year is "I'm going to lose weight". For some people, it's an ever ending struggle. In my job, I see many many overweight people. It's one of the biggest reasons they have diabetes.
A few weeks ago I was asked to review 2 books for a book tour blog in January. You get to write about the book on your blog and you get 2 copies of the books..one for you and one to give away. I love to read and I love to blog so it's a win-win situation. for me!
The books are about weight loss. As I've gotten older I've struggled with weight gain but more importantly.. I am an unhealthy eater. I'm hoping to change this.
I started reading the book this evening and it has "The Top Twenty Excuses Why You Can't Get Fit" Some made me laugh and ..the author definitely has a sense of humor. Some of them I can totally relate to.

1 I don't have enough hours in the day
2 I can't afford a gym membership
3 I don't want to be judged on my outer appearance. Her response...Too late. We all are.
4 I'm addicted to sugar.
5 I don't like to work out.
6 I don't think this is the right time. Her response..Would it be better to wait until after your next nervous breakdown?
7 I'm too old to do this.
8 I just want to use diet pills. Her response..If there were any way that worked, don't you think Oprah would have done a show about them already?
9 I'll get started as soon as I find a partner to do this with. Her response..Right, so that when your partner lets you down, it won't be your fault.
10 I have too much weight to lose
11 I can't stand being hungry when I try to diet.
12 Can't I just get lipo instead?
13 I have the fat gene. Her response..Yeah so do I.
14 I always fail
15 Isn't healthy food expensive? ( I hear this one ALL the time) Her response...Doctor visits are expensive. Lipitor prescriptions are expensive. Natural foods like eggs,apples,greens,and oatmeal are cheap.
16 I need to lose this weight as fast as possible
17 I hate paying attention to calories
18 I don't want to look like a bodybuilder
19 I might give this a shot. I have nothing to lose. Her response..Wrong attitude. You've already got one foot out the door. When you're ready to commit 100 percent to success, come back.
20. I have negative people around me. Her response..Good. Let me bring them to my family reunion! They'll feel right at home.

It's an easy read and I'm looking forward to her process. The author lost 200 lbs over a period of 2 years. It was a change in lifestyle starting with a change in her brain first.

For all of you Chipotle eaters...I found this and sent it to my husband who LOVES Chipotle and would eat there everyday.


Worst Mexican Entree
Chipotle Mexican Grilled Chicken Burrito


1,179 calories
47 g fat
125 g carbs
2,656 mg sodium

Despite a reputation for using healthy, fresh ingredients, Chipotle's menu is limited to king-size burritos, overstuffed tacos, and gigantic salads—all of which lead to a humongous waistline.

Make Over the Menu: There are two ways to make a Chipotle burrito healthy enough to eat:

(1) 86 the rice and tortilla and request your meat, vegetables, and beans served in a bowl, or
(2) Bring a friend and saw the burrito in half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home