Small steps in faith

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Miscellaneous things

Just thought I'd post on some miscellaneous things:

1. I went to see Carrie and she and Ben are doing good. Carrie should be able to go home Thursday. Ben will be there for 3-4 more weeks. He has dark curly hair and is doing very well for being born about 6 weeks early. He's breathing on his own but has to wear a little oxygen mask and has had to get some surfactant injections to help with the maturing of his lungs. They'll start feeding him through a little tube tomorrow until he learns how to nurse.

2. It was so awesome to watch the inauguration today. They had TV's set up down in the cafeteria but I just watched it on Hulu.com on a computer. Barb and I both put it on our computers but our screens were different. Mine was a little ahead of hers. How weird is that?

3. I'm doing ok with my healthy eating but I smelled pizza today and would LOVE to eat pizza! I might have to cave in for SuperBowl Sunday. Marion's Piazza and Cassano's are my alltime favorites cause I'm a Kettering girl. Those were our big hangouts at Fairmont West.

4. LOST starts tomorrow. I LOVE that show. I can't wait to watch it. Chris canceled house church for tomorrow(since he is a new daddy :) so I won't have to watch it the next day :)

5. I have a new way of getting free books. Navpress has a blogger review program. They give you the choice of 4 books..you write a 200 word review and put it on your blog as well as a site like Amazon or Borders and Navpress site.You can do it as many times as you want. I'm already doing this for another publishing co. so this is awesome! If you want to do it go here

6 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    6. Zach's wisdom teeth really hurt, and he really wants them out now, but tennessee red-necks are not going to touch them.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I'll put that on my "to do list"
    Make appt with Dr. Wolcott for March :)

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    That book review thing sounds really good. Which book did you pick?

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Adam
    I'm doing "How Can a Good God Let Bad Things Happen" by Mark Tabb
    I would also like to do the Coffeehouse Theology. I'll do it if it's still on the list after this one. They have emailed me that they have already sent my book so it's a quick response.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Wow, that's cool.

    I had pizza today. Went to HaHa Pizza in Yellow Springs. We splurged since Noelle got a good report card and that's her favorite place to eat.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I got my book yesterday and it looks really good. I'm off the next 3 days so I'm hoping to do my blog post this week.
    I'm totally jealous you went to HaHa Pizza :) I did have a breakdown and ate Marion's on Wednesday but just a few pieces :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home