Small steps in faith

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Momma's Boys





Any station you turn to you see Reality TV..whether it's dancing,singing,losing weight.
The one my kids and I started watching is called "Momma's Boys" It's 3 guys who are looking for "Miss Right" with the help of their mothers input. That's where it gets interesting because the mothers have very strong opinions. In fact, one mother is down right rude and racist. I'm not sure how much of it is an act. I would hate to think that someone is filled with that much hate.
The mothers live with the girls so they have some insight into what they are like in day to day situations. There really haven't been cat fights between the girls but between the mothers and girls..oh yeah. There is one mother who doesn't think any of the girls are good enough for her son.
Part of me understands that the mothers want what's best for their sons. Don't we all?
But where does it end? When do they plan to cut the umbilical cord? I didn't realize until last night that one of the options is for the guy to choose no girl and choose his mother...ARE YOU KIDDING!! That's just wrong!
I would hope that when Zach finds "Miss Right" that I will be able to welcome her no matter what color,religion,or past she may have...but I guess you never know until you're actually put in those shoes. It's hard to let go sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you'll have to tell me about this. i have not watched it yet. it looks good tho. maybe you can do with with Zach...lol AS

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Haha yeah..Zach would NEVER go for that :)
    I think it will be harder than I think to have a daughter-in-law :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home