Small steps in faith

Monday, January 12, 2009

Day #7 The Last Day

I'm delayed in posting this because I wanted to get my final weight this morning.
Yesterday was tough because after 7 days of being told what to eat..I want to balk.
It was brown rice,vegetables and fruit juice today. I found this to be an interesting combination.
For breakfast I did strawberries,blueberries,and banana mixed in the blender..probably not what they deem fruit juice but hey it works for me.
Lunch was brown rice with mixed vegetables...I hate cooked carrots so I had a hard time with this and brown rice is bland.
I snacked on carrots and drank my water..which is getting easier now.
For supper we went to DLM and got salads.
I had no hunger pangs at all today.
So this morning I woke up ready for my oatmeal. I did my weigh in first and.....
I lost 7 lbs. Not too bad for a week of torture :^)
Would I do this again...no..at least not as strict as they make it.
I think the key to this is fruits and vegetables,water, and no white flour and sugar.
I absolutely feel better. My fat is all abdominal..I always tell my kids it's because they were so big (9.5 lbs and 10.3) but it's my own fault. I never thought when I was in my 20's and 30's that I would ever struggle with weight. I was always underweight even with eating junk and drinking pop. I found out the hard way that as you age your body metabolism slows down. It was so obvious at my 30 yr high school reunion this summer. So many people were overweight..so much so that I didn't recognize some of them. I'm sure they thought the same of me. I weighed 50 lbs more than I did in high school.
So now what? Well, I am going to discipline myself with an exercise program of cardio and strengthening. I'm going to cut out white sugar/flour as much as possible. I'm going to drink water instead of juices/pops and we'll see what happens over the next month or so.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    For me, switching between white and wheat as well as white rice to brown rice would be the hardest.

    Sara Lee makes some good whole grain white bread that I use now. It's not completely healthy for you, but it's better. :^)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Hmmm I'll have to look at the nutrition label :) I'm definitely gonna be looking at the Artisan breads at DLM.
    I'm not a rice person at all...don't like Chinese food so that's not hard at all :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home