Small steps in faith

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Leeland...AMAZING!!!!







Last night, Darrell and I went to the Underground,a teen center in Cincinnati, to see Leeland. We were not disappointed. It was one of the best concerts I've seen for a long time. There were 2 opening bands, Divine Day and After Edmund. They each played for 30 min. After Edmund is up for a grammy. Divine Day is a local band that won Battle of the Bands this fall.
As you can tell from my pictures we were pretty close. There weren't as many people there as I thought there would be which was ok with me :) The teen center reminds me of The Avenue at Ginghamsburg Church.
Leeland Mooring is the lead singer. He is only 20 but spiritually he is 90. He started each song with a verse from scripture and a meaning as to why he wrote the song. He was very upfront with sharing the gospel. He is extremely humble and worshipful. The whole band is. There were several times through songs that you could see them praying and worshipping God.
They will be at Cedarville on Feb 13. We're hoping to have most of our house church go that night. It's well worth the money and drive

1 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Hopefully I can go to that concert as well. I would like to see them - I really liked their first CD, and their second was pretty good too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home