Small steps in faith

Monday, March 23, 2009

Twilight...my thoughts







"Twilight" is based on a series of books involving a love between a teenage vampire and a teenage human . When I first heard the premise, it didn't really suck me in. I was a "Dark Shadows" lover in my younger days and I'm always curious to see what makes movies so popular. I went to Redbox Sat am and it was still available so I rented it. I watched it this afternoon.
Here's what I think :
I think if you are male and watching the movie you will think it is totally ridiculous.(Which is why I watched it when Darrell wasn't here)
If you are female and between the ages of 13 and 25 and single you'll love it.
If you are female and older than 25 single or married...if you remember how it felt to first be in love when you weren't jaded from all the jerks/hurts of past relationships and you go back to that time...you will love it too.
I think if every woman is honest with herself..having someone who:
a. is handsome with beautiful,soulful eyes
b. is able to protect you and devotes his life and love to you 100%..is the perfect man.
The fact that the guy can fly and could take you somewhere in a heartbeat isn't bad either :) The scenes of the forests in the Pacific Northwest were beautiful.
I will say that the fact that he pretty much stalked her every move and watched her while she slept gave me a little bit of the creeps.
Also, his family seriously looked like ghosts..especially the dad...how could someone not know that guy was "a little different" :)
I have to read the book now just to see how it compares to the movie.
I'm sure I'll be sucked right in to the whole series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home