Small steps in faith

Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas spirit

I finally have my Christmas spirit :) I don't know if it's because of the weather (it has to be cold with snow for Christmas right?) or because of the message Roger gave yesterday or that I went to choir practice last night and sang Christmas songs, or that I made 7 dozen cookies this morning for a cookie exchange(plus extra per Zach's request:)or that I had part of my Christmas yesterday with my in-laws (we've already had to do store returns:( or a combination of all but I'm just glad that I have a joyful heart and can celebrate the most important birthday with a positive attitude I think what I read this morning also gave me a sense of peace

"The refining process may be very painful, but it will not destroy us, for the Refiner sits by the furnace tending the flame. He will not allow us to be tried beyond our endurance; it is for our good....So don't be afraid and don't fret. Your present trial, as painful as it may be, has been screened through God's wisdom and love. The Refiner sits beside the crucible tempering the flames, monitoring the process, waiting patiently until His face is mirrored in the surface."
David Roper

"You O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined." Psalm 66:10

5 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope I dont have to do many returns....the mall crowds are horrible after Christmas. Im in the Christmas spirit year round:) Its the only way to go.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Doug Hill said…

    i wish i had a cookie :-)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I have extras You're welcome to have some Doug :)

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey dont forget me! I need a cookie too! :)

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Come on over:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home