Small steps in faith

Friday, July 22, 2005

God's will

Sometimes I just feel like I flounder through my day and my life..hanging on with everything I have not to "lose it" with those closest to me
I know why it happens
I can be very stubborn and not budge when I think I'm right(basically it's my way or the highway)...even when God is trying to tell me otherwise
I read something this morning on wisdom which I thought was a good reminder for me

"Wisdom--understanding God's perspective on our circumstances and responding accordingly--brings us the strength to stand firm in our faith and choose His way It also helps us calmly accept the hardships in our lives. God knows the extent of our difficulties. Out of His love for us, He sets a limit to them and uses even our darkest hours for His good purposes"

I've had my share of "dark hours" this week I'm hoping He's close to the "limit" but I need to realize that it's for my spiritual growth and God has His reasons for why everything happens..I just need to be less "me" focused
I'm getting ready to go to a small group at Alyson's next month about understanding God's will..I think it's God's will that I go :)..I've missed my small group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home