Small steps in faith

Saturday, July 23, 2005

My Friday night

I love Friday evenings It's kind of a wind down eve for us We used to call it "family night" because we always spent the eve together but as my kids have gotten older that has changed ..I've added a "child"..tyler and many times i'm missing a child..zach ,who loves to spend fri eve with his buddies at his best friend's house we never know now who will be with us..last night it was darrell,zach and I
Tyler and Kristen went to Cheesecake factory to celebrate their "9 month anniversary"
We went to Family Christian Stores to get the new Matt Redman CD definitely worth buying Next we went to Chipolte's darrell's favorite place They now have salads so I liked that Then to Border's because we had 30% coupons from the internet I bought a book "Enter The Worship Circle" by Ben Pasley It's a relevant book Adam..this is your kind of book :) We went to Starbucks darrell is always venti coffee ..whatever flavor they have... rochelle is always vanilla latte and zach is always iced mocha extra whipped cream the crowd was very thin at the one by the dayton mall i have a feeling that centerville might be taking some of their business (It's definitely nicer inside at the one in Centerville)..then to blockbuster darrell wanted to rent O brother where art thou.. he had never seen it and I wanted Million Dollar Baby which I'll watch today ..then Dorothy Lane Market for "nonfat" yogurt for darrell who is on a diet and haagen daz chocolate/peanut butter for zach who is not :) Haagen Daz is on sale right now :0..then home
I love to watch 20/20 if I get home in time Last night was a good episode it dealt with sibling relationships I saw only 2 of the stories one was about identical twin girls where 1 changed her sex to a male It was very interesting and also sad at the same time
I have a patient right now who went from male to female
How do things like that happen? They feel like they are the opposite sex trapped in the wrong body
I think the thing that intrigued me last night was that they have the same genetic make up and background Their theory was that the mother was involved in a traumatic car accident when she was pregnant with them and they felt that the release of adrenalin somehow transferred to the one twin only and caused the change I don't know.. only God knows
The other story dealt with a 17 yr old sister and her 14 yr old autistic brother She knows that if something happens to her parents down the road she will take care of her brother At the end it showed them walking with umbrellas singing the song from Aladdin with their arms around each other.. I of course cried I love stories like that
So it was a good Fri night with a nice full moon :)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You just gotta love friday nights...It would have been alot more fun if I hadnt felt sick. I'm watching Darrel to make sure hes sticking to his diet and not cheating:) Oh yeah, I told you you were going to chipotle:p

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I almost bought that book a while ago. It looked pretty interesting.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Hey anytime you guys need someone to go to Chipotle with, let me know. It's my favorite place as well!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Sure! maybe before kristen and tyler leave for college we can all go :)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Enter The Worship Circle vol. 1 is the CD I told you about today, Rochelle.

    My favorite songs on it are:

    You Are So Good To Me (Third Day remade it on their Offerings II album)

    I Will Not Forget You

    If you want to borrow the CD, let me know. It is a very acoustic-driven, earthy granola type worship CD. :^)

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    The CD sounds like it matches the book :) I would like to borrow it especially now that I figured out how to put songs from a CD onto my ipod..I'm a little slow :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home