Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Messy Moments"

I read this article this morning on the Relevant web site by Misty Jones and it just hit home I can count on one hand the friends I have like this but I thank God and pray for them everyday We all need friends who will be there in our messy moments and we need to be there for them as well



"Some of the most endearing, glorious times in life are birthed from sharing messy moments with those who are closest to you. There is something within the human spirit that aches to merely exist without the effort of looking as if one has it all together. Appearing strong when in reality you are a broken vessel is quite conceivably the most tiring and discouraging feat we could possibly attempt. There is a rare liberation that surfaces when we let our guard down in the midst of those who would never send us out the door to find our way home alone."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I think that on one hand it is easier for a woman to find a friend as was described - guys just don't realize that they need a friendship like that. On the other hand, my wife has been burned big time by people she has trusted but have used her openness and honesty as a tool to gossip and spread it around the church.

    I think that after our experience in our last church, that we are both rather gun shy about developing deep friendships with people. It's not that we don't want to, it's just that we don't want to be blindsided again...

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I understand I've had the same thing happen to me and it hurts alot but I hope over time you will develop those friendships you can trust again

     

Post a Comment

<< Home