Small steps in faith

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Princess Diana

I have loved Princess Diana since I first saw her in her engagement picture with Prince Charles There was just something about her that intrigued me I got up at 5 am the day she got married (we didn't have vcr's then -1981) and watched for hours. I have magazines and books on her life When she died , I remember my stepmom called me to tell me she had been in an accident and I stayed up past midnight until they announced that she had died I felt like someone in my own family had died
Anyway, this morning on the front page of the paper was a huge article on her because the Dayton Art Institute is doing an exhibit on her life and legacy including her wedding gown, her tiaras, home movies, photos and paintings,and the musical score and handwritten lyrics of Candle in the Wind which Elton John sang at her funeral The exhibit comes Feb 18,2006 I will be there :)

6 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dylan said…

    Now why would DAYTON Oh have her stuff.???? Wouldnt you think like New York would have it??? =)

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll bet it's a traveling exhibit

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    It is a traveling exhibit and honestly I don't know how they got it but I'm glad it's close :)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Dylan said…

    What is up with these random people who comment weird stuff on people's blog???

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Yeah, that sounds like fun - but I'm more interested in four blade ceiling fans.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    This is just hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home