Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Expectations

"Expect nothing and you will not be disappointed"
This is a saying someone has printed on a magnet
If you think about it ,it's true but a sad way to live your life and honestly I don't think it's possible
Sometimes expectations are what can get us in to trouble
I know I have certain expectations with my marriage,my job,my kids,my friends but I have found out the hard way many times that what my expectations are don't match their expectations
The key is communicating those expectations before permanent damage is done to those relationships
I listened to a sermon this morning given at a local church that dealt very well with this subject
I honestly believe God knew I needed to hear this
My life is getting ready to change in the next few weeks with Kristen going off to college ...this week is giving me a taste of that "empty nest syndrome"
It's hard.. Last night was tough for me but God is faithful and He is good and He won't let me down and He will get me through this time and I will grow.. I don't think that is an unrealistic "expectation" and I know He won't disappoint me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home