Small steps in faith

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Weekend at Lee with Kristen

We had a long weekend so that we could take Zach for a college visit and visit Kristen at the same time We went to the Delirious?concert with Tree 63 with Mike at Tricounty Vineyard on Thursday night We stayed at a hotel in Berea Ky then left the next morning for Lee They had "Lee Days" which is something they do to recruit juniors and seniors in high school to the school There were alot of activities sports,plays,concerts,displays, It was nice because I got more of an idea of what campus life is like and got to meet Kristen's friends I love their campus We took Kristen and Tyler to Chatanooga on Sat to get off campus Kristen loves to shop and we love to eat at a restaurant called "Sticky Fingers" when we're there We went to church with Kristen and Tyler and Dylan I loved the passion of the choir and the pastors who spoke ..I'm not used to "speaking in tongues" during prayer so that took some getting used to but I loved their minister's message He was so honest and not afraid to show emotion The music was actually a mixture of hymns and contemporary music which kind of surprised me They sang a song which I think may have been called "We shall overcome" with a male soloist which was amazing..made me have goosebumps We made our usual stop in Lexington at Chipotles and Starbucks (they are right by each other) and then picked up Pumpkin at the kennel in Waynesville She didn't seem too traumatized even though they raise Dobermans :) So now I have the fun chore of 4 days of laundry :)

4 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What did Zach think of Lee?

    Jordan

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    He liked it but wants to visit other colleges to compare I think the big thing that would draw him there is that his sister goes there He wants to major in sports management so I'd like him to visit Bowling Green for that reason

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    We missed you this past Sunday. :)

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks Adam ..I'll be back this Sunday :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home