Small steps in faith

Saturday, April 29, 2006

"The Secret Message of Jesus"

"So now, perhaps the dimensions of the secret message of Jesus become clearer and clearer. Jesus forms a movement of people who trust him and believe his message. They believe that they don't have to wait for this or that to happen, but rather that they can begin living in a new and better way, a way of life Jesus conveys by the pregnant phrase kingdom of God Life for them now is about an interactive relationship reconciled to God reconciled to one another"

This is a quote from a book I'm reading by Brian McClaren..
Sometimes I think we forget that word interactive. We forget that God wants us to interact with Him just as we as we are to interact with those here on Earth. If there's no communication, if it's all taking and no giving, the relationship suffers and slowly dies Instead of reaching out to expand the kingdom..we draw in...waiting for God "to do for us" without listening to what God needs us to do for Him.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    I am reading this also, just started the fourth chapter. So far, pretty good. Not as controversial as I expect from McLaren. But still a good read.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I'm going to pick the book up this summer. I've got so much stuff to read and so little time :(

    It's an amazing quote. Just as I read this, I finished writing a paper on reconciliation to God through the cross/resurrection. Pretty sweet stuff.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I'm having a hard time getting into this book. It's almost like another person is taking McLaren's thoughts and writing the book, because this writing style seems to be different or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home