Small steps in faith

Friday, April 28, 2006

A day and "cold" night in Cleveland







Darrell,Zach,and I went to Cleveland yesterday You hear alot of jokes about Cleveland being an ugly city but it's actually kind of cool
Zach is a huge Boston Red Sox fan and they played in Cleveland last night so that was what drew us there first
We decided to stop at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before we went Darrell and I had been 3 yrs ago but you could spend a whole day in there and not see everything
Alot of guitars, alot of outfits,and then some really unusual things ie Jim Morrison's death certificate, art work by Jimmy Hendrix (which was actually good), props from concerts,ie U2 and Pink Floyd, hand written lyrics by artists It amazed me how really gaudy alot of the concert outfits are when you see them up close I think the things that I liked the most were things that made them seem "real" They had personal postcards that John Lennon had sent to his son Julian the year before he died. They had cards that Jim Morrison had made for his mom on Mother's Day Sorry Mike...no "Smashing Pumpkins" :(
Jacob's Field is about 1 mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame It's a beautiful stadium and we had good seats but it was COLD Zach and Darrell made fun of me for bringing my winter coat and a blanket but they weren't making fun of me by the 2nd inning You get breeze from the lake which makes it even colder at night There seemed to be alot of Boston Fans at the game Unfortunately it was a sad night for them Boston got "killed" 15 to 3 We left at the end of the 7th inning since we had a 3 1/2 hr drive home and have to work/school today
If you ever have a chance to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or a Cleveland Indians game...go....it's alot of fun ...just make sure you dress for winter :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    The Pumpkins probably won't be a Hall of Fame band. Don't get me wrong. They are still one of my all time favorites. But they came out during a period in music that was mildly influencial. There were a few bands that made an impact. I doubt that many bands today see the Pumpkins as a major influence. I still have a place in my heart for them. In my opinion, you can't beat Jimmy Chamberlain's drums or Billy's lyrics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home