Small steps in faith

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Washington DC Conference Day #2




We had the 2nd day of our conference. Our main speaker did her presentation on diabetes in pregnancy. She was a great speaker. I spent the morning going through the booths connecting to the different companies so I can provide resources/education materials to my patients.
Our dinner this evening was at the Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian. The ride there was nice. I got to see the FBI building, the Reagan building, the Capitol, and the mall area where tons of people were hanging out playing kickball,softball,etc.
BD and Lilly sponsored our dinner tonight. They rented out the museum which was nice. We had a buffet dinner and open bar...I'm not really much of a drinker but I did have a very nice red wine and a peach sangria. The coolest 2 areas of the museum were the Wright Brothers room and the space room. I couldn't really take pictures in the space room because it was dark and my camera doesn't take pictures very well in the dark. I do have some pictures of the Wright plane and glider. I also took a picture of Amelia Earhart's plane which is the red plane on this post.
Tomorrow we have a speaker who was the commissioner of the FDA. We have free time tomorrow night so I'm hoping to see some more of the monuments and sights of Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home