Small steps in faith

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Don't Forget to Pack Your Phone

Luke 11:5-8

These are notes from a sermon I went to this am at Miamisburg Christian Church. I wanted to visit my friends Adam and Kyle who lead worship here.
Their series is based on summer and going on vacation and not forgetting to pack spiritual things we need
This Sunday was prayer(phone)

3 Reasons to Pack Your Phone

I pray because I know that I never don't need God
"O God, if in the day of battle I forget Thee, do not Thou forget me" William King

I pray because praying reminds God and me that I love God
"Prayer is so simple. It is like quietly opening a door and slipping into the very presence of God"

When I persist in my daily prayer, prayer is productive
Finger Prayer
Thumb..those closest to you
Pointer finger..those who teach
Longest finger...our leaders
Ring finger..(weakest) those who are sick
Pinky is smallest..pray for you

2 Reasons We might not pray

Prayer can be frustrating
"Prayer calls for us to be on God's timetable, not for Him to adjust to ours."

God wants my praying to be persistent
PUSH Pray until something happens

Lord,dismiss us now with Your peace, except those who don't know you; keep them miserable until they come to know the Prince of Peace." Donald Barnhous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home