Small steps in faith

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Psalms

"Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe."

Psalm 61:1-3

I have fallen in love with the book of Psalms
They renew my spirit
There's nothing like sitting in front of a beautiful early morning sunrise, drinking coffee and reading the most beautiful words of worship written to God
If you're feeling stressed, challenged, discouraged try finding "alone time" with God and the Psalms

4 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too have fallen in love with the Psalms because they offer such encouragement. I like how many of them start with the Psalmist feeling alone, threatened, scared, insecure, etc and by the end of the Psalm He has replaced those feelings with the realization of God's love and faithfulness.

    The Psalmists' feelings/issues seem so real and relevant to today's world.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I also think that any time you read psalms they are just re-energizing to my soul. It says just the right words I always try to say to God.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rochelle,

    You have grown so much in your walk with God. I am so glad that we are able to learn together on Saturdays. I agree with you on the Psalms. We can hear praise, sorrow, fear and know that God is listening and is in total control.
    Thanks, Tina

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    psalm 8:3,4 crazy to think about!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home