Small steps in faith

Friday, December 17, 2004

Franklin Food Pantry

Yesterday afternoon Darrell and I spent 3 hrs at the Franklin Food Pantry I've never been there before It was an eye opening experience It's like a little grocery store in there They have shelves stocked with bulk food and the volunteers pack up grocery carts with set items that people in need can come 1 time a month to get I was there mainly to help with giving out the Christmas presents that had been collected from the various churches and schools for those kids who otherwise wouldn't have any presents I've always done the angel tree but it's a different experience to actually see the parents who receive the presents for their kids Most of them were very young single mothers ...broke my heart to think of them being so young with no help
The volunteers and coordinator are very loving people They made the people coming in feel cared for and they made it enjoyable to work and talk with them It was the best 3 hrs I spent all week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home