Small steps in faith

Friday, December 10, 2004

"I'll take a stand"

I went to see a concert last night by Denver and the Mile High Orchestra I'm not a musician but I love to listen to different kinds of music and these guys were amazing musicians It was a christmas concert so they took christmas songs and "jazzed" them up plus they did some blues christmas songs New Orlean style With each song he featured one of the band members, sax,drums,trumpet,guitar,etc
The best part of the concert though wasn't the christmas songs it was the message based on a song called "The Stand"
It was a song about Steven's stand for Christ from the book of Acts The line that absolutely pierced my heart in the song was "I'll stand for you because you died for me"
It started out with Steven saying that and then when he got to heaven it was Christ saying that to Steven (If you click on the site you can hear a clip of the song in the audio section from the album "STAND")
Denver challenged everyone in the audience to let their life be a stand for Christ
If you ever get a chance to see them you should even if it's not a Christmas show
They are based out of Nashville and have performed at the Aranohoff Center in Cincinnati There was a guy from the band who played the acoustical guitar at the beginning who I could have listened to longer
The concert was at a baptist church called Urbancrest They have the nicest chairs to sit in Their like our chairs at Southwest only they have twice the padding :) Zach wanted to know if they had to set up and tear down their chairs like we did :) We got to try our new camera out too We definitely need to practice! It has a video feature and we had great audio but the video part of it wasn't so good Kristen has a concert this Thursday so hopefully we can figure it out better before then :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It sounds like they were really good. I wish I could have seen them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home