Small steps in faith

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Confession and Repentance

After watching a Nooma video a friend let me borrow, I decided to get on the web site of Rob Bell's church,Mars Hill You can listen to his sermons On June 26 he did a sermon on confession and repentance...i would recommend you listen to it One of my morning readings today was in Lamentations and as I was reading this verse smacked me in the face "You have covered yourself with a cloud so that no prayer can get through." Lamentations 3:44 I guess I never realized that God keeps our prayers from getting through if our hearts aren't where they need to be "Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord." Lamentations 3:40
He never left us ...we left him
God wants an honest relationship,he wants an honest conversation, and if we're hiding something he puts up the cloud barrier So if you feel like God's not listening,reexamine your heart is there something that needs to be confessed and repented "Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say: We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven" Lamentations 3:41-42
God will take down that cloud barrier "I called on your name, O Lord, form the depths of the pit. You heard my plea : "Don not close your ears to my cry for relief: You came near when I called you and you said, "Do not fear" Lamentations 3:55-57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home