Small steps in faith

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It makes you think

This has been another one of those weeks where I'm dealing with sadness and death
I really think God is working on my heart like this for a reason but that's not clear to me yet
My friend at work,Cindy found out last week that she was going to be a grandmother and within a few days that all changed Her son and his girlfriend lost their baby at 17 wks on Sunday Even though it was such a short time she knew about the pregnancy there is a sadness and a loss
At the other end of the spectrum my mother found out that her mother who was 99 died this week
I only met her 2 times once when I was 11 and once when I was 20 I really didn't have a relationship with her She had left her family when my mom was only 8 and then reappeared about 25 yrs later ...not a pretty story There is still a sadness and a feeling of loss..
From an unborn baby to someone at the end of their lifespan...it makes me think..

2 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful piece. Too bad your grandmother didn't get to know her beautiful grandaughters. What a privilege I have had knowing my 4 grandchildren and the wonderful job their parents have done raising them. Love you all
    Grandma HB

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    It's very hard to have a miscarriage, Debby and I can sympathize with them and our prayers are with them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home