Small steps in faith

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Moving Day to Loggins and Messina

Today is moving day at work This will be the 4th and I hope the last time they move us For the last year Mary,Cindy, and I have been in the "old" building at the hospital It was part of the original hospital I love that building It has that older "musty" smell It also used to be the maternity building so it's where I had Kristen and Zach ..good memories In fact, I have been on the 3rd floor which is where my room was when I had Zach Part of me will miss that office It had a nice window, it was quiet, and I made friends on that floor Our new office is in the newer part of the hospital but in the basement I've been told there is a movie "Office Space" where someone is always moved and they end up in the basement I think this is a good thing though :) Our inpatient and outpatient departments will be altogether again plus we add our nurse practitioner Mary Pat and our medical director Dr.Miguel Parilo It will give us that "family" feeling again that we had before they separated us 2 yrs ago into separate buildings I like my quiet when I'm working though so it will take some getting used to

Tonight Darrell and I are going to Cincinnati to see Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina They are back together for their"Sittin In" tour after 20 + years They always have a surprise "celebrity guest" who is from the area Darrell thinks it will be Peter Frampton (also from the 70's :) I love their music "House at Pooh Corner" and "Danny's Song" are two of my favorites

Three weeks and counting.... Kristen ,Tyler, and Dylan leave for Lee

5 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    After I helped my neighbor move a couple of weeks ago, "moving" is officially out of my vocabulary for a while:)

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I love Office Space.

    You going to a Kenny Loggins concert reminds me of the time when my brother and his friends, in high school at the time, got free tickets on the radio to see Kenny Loggins. Let's just say that he wasn't the type of music they listened to. My brother only had heard one song of his before.

    This was on the "Pooh Corner" tour, so all these families were there, with their kids, singing the songs and all. The only people who weren't singing and having a good time were my brother and his friends. In fact, between every song, they would all yell out "Play Danger Zone! Play Danger Zone! (from the movie Top Gun)" They were ignored by Kenny, and hated by the parents in the crowd for messing up their show.

    Good times, good times.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    two weeks for me!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Doug Hill said…

    office space is a classic... however you can only truly appreciate it if you have worked in a cube farm. (ugh...i can't wait to get out!)

    frampton... a cincy native... a very real possibility.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I hope moving is out of my vocabulary now :) I'll have to watch the movie I actually have worked in a "cubicle" experience with 10 other women in my office so I'm sure I would appreciate it
    I just got back from the concert Nope Peter Frampton didn't play but it was good anyway
    Adam your story made me laugh I told Darrell I think we were one of the youngest there It definitely was a 50's crowd no kids They didn't play Danger Zone :) They did play Pooh Corner and Angry Eyes and Danny's Song and Your Mama don't Dance The musicians in his band were awesome and their voices are still great although Jim Messina has not aged well ..he looks like he's about 10 yrs older than Kenny Loggins

     

Post a Comment

<< Home