Small steps in faith

Monday, July 25, 2005

Giving to God

"Honor the Lord with your wealth,with the firstfruits of all your crops,then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over new wine"
Proverbs 3:9-10

God is working on my heart again and I'm being "challenged" again by others as to why I am so adamant about my titheing
I think it's pretty clear at least to me what we are to do
It doesn't say worry about the insurance,property tax,etc and then figure out how much you have left to give; it doesn't say go work extra hours and then you can give your tithe; it says FIRSTFRUITS ..give to God first..trust that he will provide.. he says he will

7 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sure people are allowed to be doubtful sometimes on whether or not theyre going to have enough money....but thats where the faith comes in on this. If anyone has any questions or is confused you can tell them to read my post on titheing and i've experienced it firtsthand.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks:) I heard you are sick ..hope you start feeling better

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah I called off work today :) plus it was an awesome day to call off because of the heat. But I went to the doctor and he gace me some medicine so I should be good to go before CIY! :)

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Any offering should be a sacrifice..something given in faith. When Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son, Isaac, he was unsure, but was willing to do so out of faithful and sacrificial duty. If an offering does not hurt a little, then is it really a sacrifice?

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    We should all be more like Abraham in our faith and offering :)
    Thanks Mike

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I like a quote from David as well, in 2 Samuel 24:

    "I cannot present to the Lord my God sacrifices that have cost me nothing."

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I like that verse Adam That's a great example of God answering prayer when true sacrifice and offering is made Thanks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home