Small steps in faith

Saturday, July 30, 2005

"Republican does not equal Christian"

"Republican does not equal Christian" This a quote from Matthew Paul Turner in an article he was interviewed for in "Citizen Link" I love where he says "I vote for people" No wonder I love his books so much He thinks like I do I'm getting ready to read and review his new book "Provocative Faith" on my website next week If you've never read any of his books you need to They're awesome :) and read his article on politics

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    unfortunately most american christians equate christianity with the republican party. i guess christianity did not exist before 1776. and i guess it does not exist in other countries. i am going to be honest and transparant here, but i am not a republican. i am not a democrat either. I am a christian with a conscious. I vote according to each issue based on the knowledge that i have accumulated.

    btw, i am also reading the turner book, i love matt and consider him an invisible friend, having never actually spoken to him. although we have exchanged several emails. i love the part in the book when he discusses the prayer of jabez. if you haven't read it yet, you need to, it is the highlight of the book so far.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I am not a Republican either.

    I get frustrated that Christianity has been attached to the Republican Party, all because of two issues: abortion and homosexuality. The last I checked, the gospel was about much more than those.

    I also get frustrated that the Democratic Party can't get its act together and stand up for something - besides abortion and homosexuality.

    I'm like you, Mike. I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home