Small steps in faith

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Back Home


Kristen's Dorm Posted by Picasa


This is a picture of Kristen's Dorm room Darrell is trying to set up her microsoft office and zach is just checking out his fantasy baseball on her roomates computer
We got back home about 3 this afternoon Last night was hard They had a ceremony for all the freshman with "passing of the torch" and then a buffet We checked out Tyler and Dylan's dorms They definitely have bigger rooms or not as much stuff :) There's also definitely a different "odor" in a guy's dorm than a girl's dorm and I'll just leave it at that
I did pretty well until it was the actual "hugs and say good'bye time" but then I was Ok again because I know I'm leaving her in a good place and it's where she needs to be
I had a hard time going upstairs at first when we got home but I'm ok now with that
The next few days will be an adjustment but it's easier than I thought

Memorable moments of our trip

1 Riding in a van with no air conditioning Darrell borrowed a used van and before we even left Springboro it was making a horrible squeal which we found out was the airconditioning which was locking up Luckily it wasn't unbearable

2 The friendliness of everyone we met Whether it was at Lee or the coffee shop they all have a amile The girls basketball team helped move our things from the van to the dorm They were awesome

3 Sticky Fingers Their ribs and potato skins with pulled pork are the best

4 Voices of Lee They sang Amazing Grace and it made the hair stand up on my arms

5 The campus at night with a full moon It's definitely one of the prettiest campuses I've been to

So now it's back to work for Darrell and I tomorrow and back to school for Zach
I can't believe summer is gone ..so now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    It's crazy how time has flown by. I keep thinking, amazed, "Wow. We're all in college." It's so hard to believe.

    And I'm sure she just had more stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home