Small steps in faith

Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm at Lee

I'm in between parent orientation sessions and we found these computers in the coffee shop and I figured out how to get on my blog :)
It's about 95 degrees with 100 percent humidity so this is a nice place to be :)
I'm feeling very much at peace right now with my decision to bring Kristen here
Yesterday we spent the whole day moving her in and rearranging her room making trips to Walmart for extension cords,etc It's amazing how much stuff can fit into a tiny dorm room :) We all ate together last night at "Sticky Fingers" which is an amazing rib place There were 16 of us including roomates and parents of Kristen,Tyler, and Dylan
Students and parents are separated today so I haven't seen Kristen yet She's getting adjusted, registering,getting a mailbox,etc
They have a "freshman dedication" and then a buffet tonight
They had a child psychologist speak this morning about the emotions of parents and students and it made me feel so much better..doesn't mean I won't cry though when the time comes to say good-bye :)
I think I just needed to be here and know in my heart that I'm doing the right thing and that Kristen is in the right place.....and she is :)
I'll post again Sun night or Mon after I get back :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home