Small steps in faith

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday ... Time of reflection





As we were driving home last night I noticed the moon looked full and bright...just like the scene from "Passion of the Christ" when Jesus is in the garden the night before his death When I got up this morning ,it's dark and rainy ..matches the mood of the day ..Good Friday. I think this is a good day for reflection as to what are really the priorities in my life I've felt "unsettled" all week until this morning..I feel a peace


Jesus' Death

44It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, 45for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.
47The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, "Surely this was a righteous man." 48When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home