Small steps in faith

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Beauty and Exercise






Darrell and I decided to get our exercise after serving at the Apex cafe this am so we went to Cox Arboretum. One of my friends said the butterfly house was open so I wanted to see it. I had forgotten how beautiful it is there. Their resident dog was taking a dip in the pond when we got there. Inside the butterfly house you can see the different stages from caterpillar to cocoon to butterfly. They have a butterfly bench that you can sit on and they are raffling one off next weekend at their butterfly festival.
We decided to walk one of their trails. It's good exercise because it has some hills to it. Afterwards, we went inside to look at their info and their little shop..and it was air conditioned :^) They have benches and swings where you can sit and reflect or read. I think I'll have to visit here more often.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    Noelle and I used to go there all the time. We would take the blue trail for a walk, go to the Butterfly house, and pet Zipp the Border Collie. I think out of all the places in Ohio I miss, I would say that the Arboretum is right up there with Dorothy Lane and HaHa Pizza.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Yeah..I can understand how you would miss it. We took the blue trail too..nice and shady on a hot day.
    I need to visit HaHa Pizza again soon
    DLM is always a daily visit although with Lytle 5 Points closed it's a bit of a hassle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home