Small steps in faith

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day#6..Beef and vegetables

I have to say there is nothing less exciting than getting up and knowing your choice at breakfast is roast beef and vegetables. I had a small amt of roast beef and some carrots.
I meet my friend Tina on Saturdays at Starbucks. Normally I have a vanilla latte...today it was green tea..I'm really tired of tea right now too.
I went to my Mom's for lunch and had a grilled hamburger and salad. My kids had fillets and baked potatoes.
I really had no hunger pangs at all today. Darrell, however, felt the need to get up at 3 am and eat roast beef. I don't really think you're supposed to do that. Dr. B. always says it's not normal or healthy to get up and eat in the middle of the night.
We went to Apex just for the worship music. We do frontline greeting in the morning and we miss the worship music which is my favorite part so that's why we just went for the music tonight. Hosanna,God of Wonders,Mighty to Save...yeah I won't mind hearing those again from the info table. Brian Pelphrey is doing the message this weekend. He is one of our younger elders in the church. I don't think I've heard him speak before.
After worship music, we went to City Barbecue..beef brisket and side salad..Darrell had the nasty greens..ugh! It was nice to have a little variety in the meat.
My mom bought me a scale so I weighed myself....I have lost 4 lbs. That's not too bad.
Darrell has lost 5. Why is it men lose weight faster than women? I'm sure it has to do with metabolism.
Tomorrow is the last day. Brown rice,fruit juices and vegetables. We're making our own juice shakes in the blender.
I am looking forward to Monday. I'm not going to gorge myself but I'm definitely having something with chocolate! I will start to exercise..cardio and strengthening exercises to increase my metabolism. I will watch my food and portion intake more carefully. My goal isn't weight...it's to be healthy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    We love City BBQ. So does Debby's mom, so whenever they come to visit, they always take us there. Yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home