Small steps in faith

Monday, May 04, 2009

"Nine Ways God Always Speaks* offer only available in certain states " by Mark Herringshaw and Jennifer Schuchmann



I just finished reading this book this afternoon. Some books you breeze through and you're finished. This book I took chapter by chapter to catch every thought. When I first heard of the title on a twitter post it caught my eye. I've always known God speaks but when you say that out loud..many people think you're crazy. I have often said he yells inside my head until I listen. Sometimes it's something I don't want to listen to. I have tried to ignore it but the feeling gets stronger and stronger. It's hard to describe. They did an EXCELLENT job in this book describing exactly how I feel with a variety of stories from others who have heard God speak.
Each chapter describes a different way that God may speak go you. You see, God doesn't get all of our attention the same way. The other thing is...a lot of us don't hear because we don't listen. We aren't looking for that opportunity or we don't recognize it when it smacks us in the face.
Mark and Jennifer give us nine ways:
1 our circumstances
2 other people
3 history
4 nature
5 dreams and visions
6 emotions
7 our conscience
8 his word
9 the way you give him permission to speak to you in response to your obedience to what you last heard him say to you

I learned of ways that I didn't even think about. I found the chapter on dreams and visions fascinating because I do often wonder if there are people like Joseph who God speaks to through dreams.
I would highly recommend buying this book and figuring out for yourself how God speaks to you. If you don't hear his voice..why is that?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said…

    Thanks for reading this and writing about our book.

    You got it!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds like an awesome book...may I borrow it sometime?

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    They gave me an extra copy Aisa...it's yours :) I'll give it to you when I see you for your Mary Kay party next week

     

Post a Comment

<< Home